PCC WIWC WSMC 2PCC provides safe treatment for adults with addictions through our Chemical Dependency Clinic. We can help you use less heroin, prescription pain pills, alcohol, cigarettes, and other substances. PCC meets you where you are in the recovery process. We will help you set goals that work for you.


Services provided:

  • Evaluations for adults who use opioids and substances
  • Medication, including Suboxone, Vivitrol, or buprenorphine
  • Medication for pregnant patients
  • Counseling
  • Access to ongoing care at a PCC health center

You can come to PCC’s Chemical Dependency Clinic as a new patient. You will receive the first doses of medicine (induction) at either the PCC Walk-In Wellness Center at West Suburban Medical Center or at PCC Melrose Park Family Health Center. After services are established, you may be able to have continued care at another PCC site.

PCC accepts many major health plans, including Medicaid and Medicare. PCC also offers a discount program for patients who do not have insurance. PCC provides health care to everyone and does not deny services, even if a patient cannot pay.



Chemical Dependency Clinic (PCC Walk-In Wellness Center)

PCC Walk-In Wellness Center is located inside West Suburban Medical Center
3 Erie Court, Suite 1300
Oak Park, IL 60302
Phone: 708-406-3929, Press 5


Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Walk-ins welcome

Chemical Dependency Clinic (PCC Melrose Park Family Health Center)

PCC Melrose Park Family Health Center is located inside Woodlake Specialty
1111 Superior Street, Suite 101
Melrose Park, IL 60160
Phone: 708-406-3040


Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Appointments Required

What is a substance disorder?

Substance use disorders occur when the recurrent use of alcohol and/or drugs causes clinically and functionally significant impairment, such as health problems, disability, and failure to meet major responsibilities at work, school, or home.


How do I know if I need care?

The main reason someone would need care is if their use of alcohol or other drugs is affecting their daily functioning. This might include decreased work performance, interference with the ability to take care of their family, or worsening health issues.


What is Suboxone?

Suboxone is a prescription medication used for the treatment of opioid dependence. Suboxone is a sublingual film comprised of buprenorphine and naloxone. Suboxone is the preferred method of administration for buprenorphine because naloxone decreases the abuse potential of buprenorphine. Buprenorphine is used for the treatment of pregnant patients.


Who can prescribe Suboxone?

Suboxone must be prescribed by a physician with a Drug Addiction Treatment Act (DATA) Waiver.


What is Vivitrol?

Vivitrol, a one month naltrexone intramuscular injection, is a prescription medication used for the treatment of alcohol and opioid dependence. Daily oral naltrexone has been used widely for the treatment of alcohol dependence, but poses challenges to patients managing multiple psychosocial stressors. Vivitrol allows for increased compliance and better health outcomes because the responsibility of daily dosing is removed.


Who can prescribe Vivitrol?

Vivitrol can be administered by a physician, nurse, or medical assistant after completing a training with a Vivitrol representative.


Chemical Dependency Program Providers